How many times have you been told you’re a great developer by the company’s hr but you don’t have the right technical skills? Yet you know you can pick up that language in two weeks, right? At last, a company that agrees with you!
Client is a leading content marketing platform who combines their state-of-the-art software with preeminent content to transform brands into storytellers. Their clients include some of the best known global brands. They are more than 5 years old and backed by major venture firms.
The client has a mission to help the news industry survive by building the world’s first content ecosystem and by disrupting the status quo.
How are they doing it? They are building a ground-breaking technology platform for all of the world’s content. They’re technology can filter, stream and organize millions of articles a day, in real-time. That’s a lot of data, a lot of content and a lot of opportunity to build something amazing. Join a brilliant, fun team of engineers that are solving big problems every day.
They are looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer with the technical skills and talent to navigate their entire stack, solving interesting problems. You will be involved with
- improving their search infrastructure using the latest techniques in information retrieval and natural language processing, or
- analyzing terabytes of usage logs to discover what content performs best for our customers, or
- building a revolutionary content consumption UX.
You will play a key role in all parts of the product lifecycle: brainstorming, design, prototyping, planning, implementation, and launch.
You will write lots of code that solves both visual and technical challenges, delivering high impact solutions to their customers around the world.
The’re technology agnostic regarding specific technologies but here’s a list of some of the stuff they’re using:
The engineering team consists of some of the most brilliant, considerate, and fun-loving people you’ll ever meet. They’re highly selective; seeking people who can contribute and share in the success and happiness of the team. They’re organized into small, autonomous teams that are as self-sufficient and independent as possible. This allows them to maintain our scrappy, entrepreneurial culture.
Is this you:
- You love creating software so much that your family and friends are amazed.
- The idea of game night and free lunch sound fun.
- Your bedtime reading is code, you love writing beautiful code and you plan on pushing some code on your first day.
- You’re insatiably curious about emerging technologies.
- You may or may not have a computer science degree.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years developing robust databases and application back-ends.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Has experience with build and deployment engineering processes and approaches.
- Full Stack Development experience in current technology and a willingness to quickly learn to work in theirs: Python, Django, AngularJS, Node.js
This position is on-site and full-time in New York City.
Salary open to about 175K base doe.
Visa transfers ok (3 +years remaining on h1-b)